Elmhurst Swim Club sponsors a swim team which competes with other private clubs in the South Hills area. The swim team is a great way to improve your swimming skills in a fun and competitive atmosphere.
If you have any questions regarding the Elmhurst Swim Team, please contact Jo Horne at email@example.com or Maria Ross: firstname.lastname@example.org
Swim Team Coaches:
John Paul Ross
Please contact the coaches with any questions or concerns.
Swim Team Registration Form: Swim Team Registration 2017
Swim Team Sponsor Form: 2017 Swim Team Sponsor
Swim Team Fan Gear Form: 2017 Fan Gear Order Form
Swim Team Meet Schedule: Swim meet schedule 2017
Things You Should Know
For the Swimmer
- Swimmers must be at least 6 years of age to participate but no older than 18 years of age.
- Your swimmer must be able to swim at least one length of the pool unassisted.
- Daily practices are recommended. Historically, practices begin in early June, practices will run Monday through Friday from 10 to 11 a.m. (During the week of swimming lessons, they will be one hour earlier.) Practices consist of stroke work (all strokes), laps, dive-ins, and on some days, fun games! Remember: the more you practice, the faster you will swim, and the better swimmer you will be! Final details for the practice schedule will be finalized closer to the 2016 season.
- Meets are usually scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m. and last about an hour.
- It’s important to participate in all home and away meets. However, if you aren’t available to participate in a meet, please let the coach know right away as it will affect the final lineup.
- Elmhurst participates in the South Hills Swim Club. Participating pools include: Bower Hill Swim Club, Cloverleaf YMCA, Hunting Ridge Swim Club, Woodland Hills Swim Club, and Hunting Ridge.
- We also participate in the Relay Invitational, Odd Age meet, 10 & Unders, and Champs.
Directions to Other South Hills Swim Clubs
Bower Hill Swim Club (412-276-3131)
- Take Rt. 19 north to the Upper St. Clair exit and make a right at the exit. Stop at the end of the exit ramp and make right.
- Follow this road to the second traffic light. At light, make right onto McMillan Rd.
- Follow McMillan Road through stop signs to the traffic light. At light, continue straight onto Painter’s Run Road.
- Follow Painters Run Road to the end (T-intersection). At light, make a right turn onto Bower Hill Road.
- Go through two traffic lights. Bower Hill Swim Club is approximately 3/10 of a mile past the second light on the left side of the road.
Hunting Ridge Swim Club (412-257-0912)
- Take Rt. 19 N to Boyce Road. Make left onto Boyce Road. Continue up a graded hill and down graded hill until you cross a set of railroad tracks. Continue following Boyce Road halfway up the next hill.
- Make a left onto Meetinghouse Road. (This road is immediately after a 7-11 and KinderCare on the left side of the road.)
- Make a left into the Hunting Ridge housing complex. Pool is visible on your left.
Woodland Hills Swim Club (724-942-9993)
- Take Rt. 19 north to Boyce Road.
- At light, make left onto Boyce Road.
- Stay on Boyce until you come to Bigham Road. Make left onto Bigham. (The road next to Friendship Village).
- Woodland Hills is located at the top of the hill on the left.
Rose Garden (724) 941-9944
- Take Rte 19 North to Peters Township to the intersection of Waterdam Rd.
- At that light, turn right onto Waterdam Road. Proceed approximately 0.9 miles and turn left on Canterbury Lane.
- The pool is about 1/4 mile on the left.